Last Revised: October 31, 2016
- Types of Data We Collect. We collect personal information from users, as described below.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail, username and password when you create an account to log in to our Services and/or purchase a Gift Card (“Account”).
- We will collect payment information necessary to complete transactions, including your name, credit card information, and billing information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- If you sign up for our newsletter we will collect your email address.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on our Services, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last name, and sometimes postal address to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We also collect personal information at other points in our Services that state that personal information is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
- Use of Your Personal information
- operate, maintain, and provide to you all of the Gift Card services and promotional offerings found on the Urbanplates.com website;
- notify you of major service updates or for customer service purposes; process and record eGift Card printing and redemption activity and monitor usage trends and preferences;
- monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
(b) User Feedback. We often receive comments from users about our Services. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback.
(c) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- Your Choices Regarding Your You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
(b) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may change any of your personal information in your Account by editing your settings within your Account or by sending an email to us at the address listed above. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives or backups. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes. In some cases, if you decline to share personal information on the Urbanplates.com website, we will not be able to provide certain services to you.
(c) Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals.
- Our Commitment To Data Security. We use physical, managerial, and technical safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. WE CANNOT, HOWEVER, ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. We caution you about transmitting valuable bank or credit information in a public place (airports or cafes). While your credit card company or bank will typically use security protection, you should ensure that you are using a secure network. Once we receive your transmission of information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to the Company and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Urban Plates LLC, 2053 San Elijo Avenue, Cardiff, CA 92007, Attn: Legal Department.
- Your California Privacy Rights. Please note that we may share information collected about you with our affiliates and other third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information that we have shared with third parties for these purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to us at email@example.com.